March 21, 2009

Péché d'envie

I went to a restaurant with my parents and with my brother yesterday for some family time. The restaurant was on Ontario St., in Montreal's Gay Village. It is called Carte Blanche, which can be translated to "blank card". It is actually a French expression meaning "we give you the freedom to do anything you want". This restaurant was an actual French restaurant, not fusioned with anything else for a change. The ingredients were very simple throughout the menu. I splurged completely and ordered the fish soup with its rouille and a meal of chunks of lobster in an orange-flavored sauce. Both were delicious. I ended things with a chocolate fondant for dessert, and it was really good. The restaurant was nearly empty, which was kind of sad, but I believe a large party was coming on after us. My father says there are too many good restaurants in Montreal, and so people do not know where to go anymore. There was a single waiter for the whole restaurant, and even though there weren't that many people in the restaurant, he still had to constantly run. He still managed to remain very professional throughout the evening. All in all, if ever you are looking for a small and simple French restaurant in Montreal, this is a pretty good one.

No comments:

Post a Comment