March 19, 2009

Ocean of Noise

You know how I hate the movies people usually love? Babel is one of them. I had heard so much positive feedback about this movie, I kept waiting for something to happen. I find that there is no high point in the movie: it is one constant line. I get it, there's this big international message, interconnectivity between people, etc. The coincidences used to illustrate that, though, were too unbelievable for my taste, and were not very interesting. There goes another Brad Pitt-Cate Blanchett project that I don't like... but not so much because of them.

Babel is, I believe, part of a trilogy by director Alejandro Gonzalez Inarritu including Babel, 21 Grams and Amorres Perros. I have not yet seen Amorres Perros, and although I hated Babel, I liked 21 Grams very much. It took me a while before realizing that the different scenes in the movie were not placed in chronological order. I don't know if mentioning this will ruin the movie for you... It is a pretty bleak movie, and it gets violent at the end. I really liked the ending to this movie, and I like Naomi Watts a lot. Sean Penn is growing on me more and more. I will probably be seeing Milk tomorrow, and if so, I will surely talk about it in this blog soon. FINALLY I will be watching Milk - I've been wanting to watch it for an eternity.

No comments:

Post a Comment