March 31, 2009

Life In Technicolor

The lineup for the Osheaga Music Festival has come out and I don't really know what to think about it. It seems really scattered. These are the groups I know a little bit, or a lot: Coldplay, Jason Mraz (urgh), Girl Talk, Lykke Li, Elbow, Beastie Boys, Rufus Wainwright, Arctic Monkeys, The Decemberists, Crystal Castles, The Ting Tings and Beast. I have already seen Coldplay and Arctic Monkeys. Why bring back those two? What have Arctic Monkeys been up to lately? Arctic Monkeys are good in a show. Not really fun, perhaps, but good. Their fans go crazy at their shows. My sister is really enthusiastic about Arctic Monkeys, but I can't get too excited. There are other bands who will be pretty active this year who are free, I believe, at the time the festival will be taking place, and who could well be invited. Yeah Yeah Yeahs, unfortunately, is busy around that time. 

Other bands will be announced on May 7th. I will be waiting until then.

Perhaps I am just jealous of Coachella's incredible lineup.

1 comment:

  1. GIRL TALK, RUFUS WAINWRIGHT! you cannot complain there.

    so i like how im actually in California for Coachella this year and im still NOT going. and by like, i mean fuckin hate! :(

    ReplyDelete