March 02, 2009

Kids

I thought I wouldn't be able to write as often as before, but I find myself blogging more than ever. I really should study. This morning we went on a tour of the gothic quarter, and we found ourselves in the middle of an elementary school recess. I guess the school's location had a rich history. Anyway, it was really funny, because there was a little girl who started translating the guide's explanations to her friend. 

I have finally figured out where our rented apartment is situated. There is a twenty-minute walk from our apartment to Plaça Catalunya, which is the commercial centre of Barcelona. There is also the University of Barcelona that is near to us. All in all, our apartment is located in a pretty quiet place, but it is still pretty central.

My pop culture two cents: I have watched the third episode of "Dollhouse" and found it pretty great. The moment when the singer says "I just want to be free" while she is ascending in a cage is good TV. Also, at the end (I won't spoil it for you), Eliza Dushku's character does something I would never have expected. This show seems like it will take a while before becoming interesting, because the main character cannot be awakened so soon (if you are interested at all in pop culture, you know what I mean, because the premise of this show has been everywhere over the web). I hope it doesn't get axed before things have a chance to get going on.

1 comment:

  1. i rarely watch TV shows anymore, and when i do, i generally wait for a season to be over so i can watch it in bulk on the internet.
    however, i have always been a fan of joss whedon, so maybe i'll tune into this "Dollhouse" you and my sister speak of.

    ReplyDelete