January 06, 2015

Knights of Cydonia

I finally finished the whole Dragonball series. It was a very satisfying read. I had mostly read the earlier volumes as a child and I was afraid that the series would get less funny once Sangoku would start fighting aliens, but that didn't happen. I think Sangoku is a great childhood hero. He always goes further in his training, and he makes you want to take up martial arts. My favorite characters aside from him are Tenshinhan, Piccolo and Vegeta. I like characters who have been enemies before becoming allies. The last arc is a bit ridiculous, and it is sometimes tiring to see the characters rely so heavily on the Dragon Balls, the senzus and new incredible levels of training, but all in all, I had a really great time reading these books.

No comments:

Post a Comment