January 12, 2015

All of the Lights

This weekend, I went to L'Atelier for a friend's birthday. It is a restaurant that specializes in cocktails and in fish and meat tartare. I started with a Kentucky Lime, a drink made with Old Forester bourbon, lime, maple syrup and cinnamon bitters. I tried it at first without any lime and it tasted strongly of cinnamon, but once I put some lime in, it became much more enjoyable. I then had tomato and red pepper soup. I love tomato soup, even though some people think eating tomato soup is like eating spaghetti sauce. For my entree, I chose a salmon tartare with lobster oil. I had a choice of fries or salad. I went with the salad, and they gave me a huge portion. The people who had chosen the fries didn't get many of them. The other cocktail I had was made with Beefeater 24 gin, apricot juice, green cardamon, lemon, simple syrup and soda. It was good, but I preferred the Kentucky Lime. I had a fun evening, but in my opinion, the restaurant is a bit too expensive.

No comments:

Post a Comment