January 02, 2015

A Beautiful Mine

Yesterday F and I didn't feel like eating at home, so we went out to Charbon Steakhouse. We have been there a few times already. It is a bit expensive, but the portions are enormous and they give you plenty of freebies, so it is all worth it. This is the second time we have taken the soup of the day as a starter, and they are pretty good with their soups. This time, it was carrot, turnip, maple syrup and some spice which the waiter couldn't remember. It comes in a really huge dish! Afterwards I had an 8 oz filet mignon with parmesan fries and a truffle mayo. I usually don't like truffles, but I always order those fries, even though I have to pay a little extra. The last time, I had taken an 10 oz steak and it was too much, so I reduced my steak's size a bit, but I think I will have to reduce it once again next time. They simply give you too much food. We managed to cram in a bit of dessert. I had a maple crème brûlée, which was delicious, but it became impossible for me to finish it. All in all, I would gladly return there, but I would order less food. I love this place because of its coziness: it is full of dark corners and red velvet and it looks just like the kind of place where Roger Sterling and Don Draper would have a lengthy lunch (yes, "Mad Men" once again).

No comments:

Post a Comment