February 19, 2009

In my honest opinion

The best Oscars ceremony I have had the chance to see in my short life was the 75th one. Big anniversary. There were a lot of my favourite movies: Gangs of New York, Chicago, The Pianist, Catch Me If You Can, About a Boy. Yeah, well, movies meant for a large public, I know. There was that kiss from Adrien Brody to Halle Berry, and there was that speech he did which was tearjerker material. Eminem won Best Song with "Lose Yourself", which was kind of rad. Too bad he wasn't there, though.

Shitty idea the Oscars once had: rejuvenating the ceremony by having Beyoncé sing most of the songs. Urgh, I can't stand Beyoncé. Having her sing the song from Les Choristes? Bad, bad idea.

I won't be able to watch the Oscars this year because I have an exam on Monday. Blargh, student life. Hugh Jackman as the host, that could have been interesting. I will probably comment on the winners, though...

1 comment: