March 31, 2015

I Don't Blame You

I have finished the third season of "House of Cards". I liked it better than the second season. I found the second season a bit hard to follow, what with all the deals with China going around. In the third season, Russia is the bad guy: a classic conflict which is easier to understand. My complaint about "House of Cards" is the same season after season: I feel cheated because they make it look like Frank Underwood has a master plan, when in fact the show is really about showing him getting around, improvising and using his political skills. It still makes for a pretty good show, though. F and I were both leaning closer to the screen when we watched the episode with the debate, as if we were watching a real political debate. I still find Doug Stamper to be one of the most interesting characters, even though some people don't like his storyline that much. The end of the season inevitably leaves us wanting more. I have to say, however, that "House of Cards" is not a subtle show the way "Mad Men" or "The Wire" are subtle shows. "House of Cards" and "Game of Thrones" are more "in-your-face" kind of shows.

No comments:

Post a Comment