April 01, 2015

Nightcall

A little while ago, A and I watched Drive. I had been wanting to watch that movie for a long time, and I was not disappointed. I had heard that it was extremely violent. It takes a while before the violence begins, to the point that I was asking myself what all the fuss was about. However, once the violence starts, the movie becomes really intense. Drive has major star power: Ryan Gosling, of course, but also Carey Mulligan, Bryan Cranston and Christina Hendricks, who has a pretty memorable performance. The music is great, too: what they play is exactly the kind of music you expect there to be in a movie about a guy driving around in a lonely city. The same atmosphere can be found in TRON: Legacy, even though it is a completely different movie. I heard that the director's other movies weren't as successful. That's a shame, but I'll still be on the lookout for future projets of his, because I sure wouldn't mind watching more movies like Drive.

No comments:

Post a Comment