April 02, 2015

Grace

I watched Anna Karenina, the one with Keira Knightley in it. Anna Karenina is a book I enjoyed a lot, and I hadn't necessarily expected to. The other Russian classic I had read before that was Crime and Punishment, and I found it to be a bit over the top. In Anna Karenina, however, I loved the scenes with Levin, and found them even more interesting than the main storyline with the character of Anna Karenina. I was a bit disappointed to see that in the movie, not much attention is given to Levin, but I don't think his story could have been transposed to the screen effectively, so perhaps it was for the best.

A lot has been said about the way Anna Karenina was filmed. I personally found that filming the scenes af if they were going on in a theater worked well for the movie.

I only recently saw The Talented Mr Ripley and it has increased my interest for Jude Law as an actor a lot. I enjoyed his performance in Anna Karenina.  It is weird to see him cast as the severe Karenin, but it works, in a way.

In general, the movie was okay, but it wasn't spectacular. At least it makes me want to read the book again.

No comments:

Post a Comment