March 31, 2015

Le Tourbillon

I watched Jules et Jim. I have only seen one other movie by François Truffaut, Les 400 coups, which I have not enjoyed that much, but there are a lot of other films by Truffaut that I want to see: Baisers volés, La nuit américaine, Le dernier métro... Jules et Jim is a movie that keeps you thinking for a long time after you have seen it. The characters in the movie seem to live a completely carefree life. Jeanne Moreau is incredible in this film. The three main characters try to live life differently from what is usually expected, and things don't turn out the way they thought they would. The end of the movie is a memorable scene. Throughout the movie, I liked the way the director decided to narrate some scenes, as the things that are described can only be perceived through the screen with difficulty.

No comments:

Post a Comment