March 26, 2015

Age of Ice

One of the last things F and I did on that break week at the beginning March was try a restaurant called Toast! with my parents, who were in Quebec City for a visit. My mom had been wanting to try it for a long time. It is a very small restaurant, with very few seats. For my appetizer, I had foie gras. I don't remember my dish much. I know I am writing this post a long time after the fact, but my dish must not have been very memorable. I do, however, remember my entrée. I had tenderloin and braised steak. The tenderloin was very good. Unfortunately, I forgot that I had ordered beef two ways, and I ended up eating the whole tenderloin before starting on the braised steak. I would have preferred to alternate between the two. For dessert, I had a Quebec cheese plate.

F and I had a good evening with my parents. The food was good, but not spectacular. The place itself, though, felt intimate and cozy.

No comments:

Post a Comment