February 08, 2015

Sous le ciel de Paris

My parents came to Quebec City for a quick visit this weekend. They asked me to choose a restaurant for lunch, and I chose Paris Grill. It is one of the restaurants comprised in a group that also includes Ciel! It has a French feel, which is something that my father usually likes, and it is in a good location for my parents, because they didn't have to make a detour and they could be back quickly to Montreal. There are more restaurants to choose from downtown, but that wouldn't have been practical.
I had never been to Paris Grill, so I could only hope that it would be a good choice. It turned out to be a pretty good one. The restaurant was nicely decorated and quite roomy. We were there at one in the afternoon on a Saturday, so the brunch crowd had cleared up by then. We still had the brunch menu, though. 
I was a bit anxious about being on the brunch service, as their brunch menu doesn't have that many lunch options and my parents don't really go for breakfast in restaurants. However, they found satisfying lunch options. My dad had a soup, which was a bit spicy, and he had a steak which he shared a little with my mom and me. He found the steak to be a bit hard, but then, he did ask for medium. I tasted the steak both plain and with the pepper sauce my dad chose, and I have to say that the sauce was pretty essential. The plain steak didn't do much for me. My mom and I shared a filet mignon burger with bacon. I am not a huge fan of bacon, but theirs was pretty thick and not very greasy. The burger was a success: filet mignon in a burger is incredible. We also had sangria and it came with strawberries and raspberries in it, so that was nice.
We had a very enjoyable lunch. It wasn't perfect, but Paris Grill is definitely a good choice of restaurant.

No comments:

Post a Comment