February 10, 2015

May It Be

Last Saturday was pretty much a restaurant day. F and I went to Paris Grill with my parents for lunch, and we went to Le Hobbit with a few friends from out of town for supper. These friends had been to Le Hobbit a few times before, and I guess it's a restaurant they like to go to when they are in Quebec City.
I started with yet another bourbon cocktail. This one had butternut squash and spices syrup and maple syrup in it. The drink was strong at the beginning and got sweeter afterwards. Perhaps the bourbon tends to float on the other ingredients.
The food I chose wasn't on their regular menu. I had a deer appetizer with rosemary and roasted onions. There was also an orange purée which was perhaps squash. The portion was a bit big for an appetizer, and it wasn't a very refined dish, but everything was good. I then had  seafood tagliatelle with lobster bisque, spinach and zucchini. The tagliatelle was al dente, there was a great ratio tagiatelle/other ingredients, and the amount of vegetables was awesome. This was my dish:


F had an onion soup and duck cannelloni. I tasted the onion soup broth and it was good, not too salty. The duck cannelloni is apparently a staple at Le Hobbit. It was great, but a little rich.
The Hobbit is a good place to go to have casual food with friends. However, it was bit expensive.

No comments:

Post a Comment