February 06, 2015

I Don't Wanna Break

This week my friend A, whom I had gone to Nihon Sushi with, wanted to try another sushi place. We went to Hosaka-Ya Sushi. It is one of the restaurants comprised in a duo of restaurants, the other one being Hosaka-Ya Ramen. The ramen place doesn't take reservations and it is pretty hard to get a seat, so I don't think I will be going there soon. The sushi place, though, takes reservations. It is a small restaurant, but we went there on a weeknight, so it wasn't very full. There was a weird smell when we first entered, but the place managed to look well decorated despite its size. Here are some cute decorations that were near our table:


A had gotten sea urchin to take out from Hosaka-Ya once, so I was eager to try that. However, they didn't have any that night. We will have to come back for that! A had a wakame salad with bits of shrimp, salmon and snapper as an appetizer. I had a taste and it was great. I chose to get an avocado hosomaki, a hamachi hosomaki (yellow tail tuna), izumidai sashimi (tilapia) and a sashimi maki. The maki was made with salmon, tuna, butterfish, tilapia, tobiko, avocado and shiso, which I thought was basil. I liked this restaurant's rice better than the one from Nihon Sushi. A and I once again watched with envy another table get a huge dish with food chosen by the chef, so we will return for that and the sea urchin and the green tea ice cream which was great! It is a bit weird to be eating raw fish and ice cream in the dead of winter, but sushi is definitely a theme when I go out with A.

No comments:

Post a Comment