May 10, 2015

Take Me Out

For Mother's Day, we all had dinner at Graziella. My father asked the waiter to put us in a quieter section, and indeed, it wasn't as noisy as most of the more recent Montreal restaurants. The space was also beautiful, with Riopelle paintings on the walls.

For my appetizer, I chose to have foie gras yet again. There wasn't anything particular about my dish, except for the Marsala Jelly that came with it. It tasted very strongly of wine, but it was original enough.

The waiter had recommended us to share some pasta dishes for our second course. I shared a risotto with my brother. There were shrimps and peas in it, and the sauce was made with lobster bisque. It was very good, very al dente, but a little bit salty.

My main course was a milk-fed veal chop served with chanterelles, vegetables, and a purée that was delicious, but which I couldn't identify. The veal chop was huge and the chanterelles were very nice.

All in all, I found Graziella to be a very elegant restaurant, which I would surely return to.

No comments:

Post a Comment