May 08, 2015

Étienne D'août

Last month, F and I celebrated our five years together at a restaurant called Légende. I started off with a gin, elderberry and ginger cocktail. It tasted strongly of ginger, but it was still pretty good. We then had one of the prettiest cured meats platter I have ever seen. Every product on the platter was delicious. Next I had a foie gras dish with apple. A classic combination, but it worked. We finished off with a cheese platter. It was okay, but the main thing I remember from that course is the fire cider that we ordered with it. I had never noticed that dessert wine on any other menu before, but now, I will surely be on the lookout for it. As for the Légende restaurant in general, I would definitely go back there for their cured meats platter. It would be a great way to start off any evening. I am glad I got to enjoy this restaurant for the first time on a special occasion.

No comments:

Post a Comment