May 17, 2015

Paranoid Android

Last weekend I had dinner with F and my family at Kitchenette. I started off my meal with a drink made with gin, cucumber, coriander and a homemade spicy sauce. The drink was very refreshing, and the spiciness added a nice touch. I then had oysters which were delicious, but the restaurant didn't have much to do with that. For my main course, I had a "reimagined" salad niçoise. I thought the salad would be really deconstructed, but the changes were more on the subtle side: a small tuna steak instead of tuna flakes, poached eggs instead of hard-boiled ones, and fingerling potatoes instead of simple potatoes. There was a twist in the dressing also, as there was avocado in it. The salad was very good. The dessert was great too: I had a cake made with coffee ice cream.

As for the rest of the menu, I would say that it shows a certain sense of diversity. There are a few dishes influenced by Mexican and Asian cuisine. I tasted some of the food that my family chose and everything was good. For instance, my brother had a burger. You would think that having a burger in a restaurant cannot really be a special experience, but this one had foie gras in it. My mom had a pizza which was a bit weird because it had Boursin on it, which is a pretty cheap cheese, but it also had truffles on it. I tasted my dad's steak, which I normally wouldn't do because to me, steak is a pretty standard dish, but again, there was a twist: the sauce was made with bacon.

Unfortunately, even though the space is nice and the food is great, there weren't many people in the restaurant when we went there on a Saturday night. However, it is possible that it is more of a lunch restaurant, as it is right next to the state television tower. I personally would go back there anytime, for lunch or for dinner, as I found no great flaws in the restaurant. Our waiter, though, was a bit weird.

No comments:

Post a Comment