May 21, 2009

Where The Wild Things Are

 The hype surrounding Patrick Watson has always kept me far away from him. However, the recent release of his second album Wooden Arms prompted me to give him a listen. I'm not all for the utterly unmanly voice, but this is, after all, some pretty cool music, with lots of crazy instruments. "Fireweed", which opens the album, builds up slowly and offers us a small climax. It was the second song of the album to be released as a single. At first, I wasn't convinced by the first single, "Tracy's Waters", but it has now won me over. "Beijing" is a pretty great song. "Wooden Arms" and "Big Bird In A Small Cage" are very beautiful. "Hommage" is an instrumental piece, and I am certainly incapable of telling you to whom is Patrick Watson making a hommage. I don't like "Traveling Salesman" so much. There isn't any singing in "Down At The Beach", but it is still very interesting. "Man Like You", "Where The Wild Things Are" and "Machinery Of The Heavens" are pretty...

1 comment:

  1. Maintenant que tu l'as critiqué, je vais l'écouter :)

    ReplyDelete