May 30, 2009

Feel Good Hit of the Summer

I've decided to write down a definitive reading list for the summer. Perhaps I am being too ambitious. My hope is that I am not ambitious enough. Some of these will take me longer than others... So here it is, more or less in order:

This Side of Paradise - F. Scott Fitzgerald: I am almost done with this one.

Into The Wild - Jon Krakauer

The Dharma Bums - Jack Kerouac

Huis clos - Jean-Paul Sartre

Nouvelles - Guy de Maupassant

Franny and Zooey - J. D. Salinger: This is a re-read.

Saga - Tonino Benacquista: Also a re-read. This is a French book about screenplay writers.

The Perks of Being a Wallflower - Stephen Chbosky: I saw this one in a bookstore at Heathrow and it looks interesting.

Trainspotting - Irvine Welsh

Middlemarch - George Eliot

The Diviners - Margaret Laurence: This was suggested to me by theoreo

Equus - Peter Shaffer

Lolita - Vladimir Nabokov

A Heartbreaking Work of Staggering Genius - Dave Eggers: I want to buy this one.

White Teeth - Zadie Smith: I want to buy this one too.




1 comment:

  1. You're definitely in for an inspiring summer. This list sounds great (even though growing up I hated Maupassant and Nabokov)

    ReplyDelete