September 12, 2015

Unison

My family and I celebrated my birthday in advance at one of our favorite restaurants, Le Club Chasse et Pêche. It has been around for many years. It is a cosy restaurant, dark but not too much, and not too loud. We started with oysters. There were some that didn't have anything on them, but there were also some that came with a passionfruit salsa and some that were cooked with cheese on them. I didn't have any of the hot ones, but passionfruit being one of my favorite fruits, I had two of the ones with the passionfruit salsa. They were pretty amazing. The oysters were pricier than at any other restaurant I have ever been to, though. For my appetizer I had scallop ceviche with autumn strawberries, grapefruit and edible flowers. There was a bit too much pepper on the whole thing and the edible flowers brought a flavor I didn't particularly like. My entrée was duck with oat rice, ground cherries, and almonds. It was a great dish. The duck was crispy at all the right places. Duck and cherries are a combination that I see quite often and I don't particularly care for it, but using ground cherries made it different and much more enjoyable. The almonds brought a bit of crunch to the whole dish. For dessert, I had a maple syrup parfait with chocolate and with a sauce of red berries. It was very sweet, but I love maple syrup and red berries, so it was worth it. Le Club Chasse et Pêche is the perfect restaurant for special occasions, and I look forward to going back there.

No comments:

Post a Comment