August 28, 2015

Yellow

I first went to La Planque a while ago, with A and F. I didn't think my visit there warranted a blog post that time, because I only had an entrée with oysters. Let's face it, oysters don't tell you much about how good a restaurant can be. It is true that at La Planque, they serve their oysters with raspberry and mango vinegar, which is interesting. My entrée that time was particularly good: I had the fish of the moment, cod. It was served in a lobster bisque with small potatoes and spinach.

I went there a second time later with F and my parents. That time, I had oysters again, an appetizer, an entrée and a dessert. The oysters came with their vinegars but also with a homemade cocktail sauce. My appetizer was salmon with a coconut sauce, my entrée was chicken with thyme, chanterelles and pecans, and my dessert was made with strawberries. Everything was good, but unremarkable.

Both times, I was seated at the terrace, but the restaurant was surprisingly big inside and could easily welcome big groups. I was also very full both times. I would go back there if I wanted to indulge someplace near home (the restaurant is in Limoilou), but I think there are more interesting options downtown.

No comments:

Post a Comment