August 12, 2009

Eet

CDs I've listened to recently:

Battle for the Sun by Placebo: Placebo came into my life at a time when I needed that angst. Upon hearing their last CD for the first time, my first reaction was: "Jeez, this is bad music!" There are some pretty cool songs on there, though. I find one of the singles, "For What It's Worth", supremely annoying. The song "Battle for the Sun" is as repetitive as it is addictive. 

Far by Regina Spektor: The first time I heard this CD, I liked its middle portion the best, and I didn't find any of the songs as catchy as her previous ones, say, for example, "Better". However, I know find the first half of the CD to be very strong. I love "Eet", "Machine" and "Laughing With". "Folding Chair" is a nice, happy song. The highlights of the second half of the CD are "Dance Anthem of the 80's" and "One More Time With Feeling".

Spinnerette by Spinnerette: Lots of catchy, interesting songs. Simply put, a good listen.

Julian Plenti Is... Skyscraper by Julian Plenti: Julian Plenti is the side project of Paul Banks, Interpol's lead singer. His songs are really... interesting. What can I say? That's what they are. Of all of the songs on the CD, "On the Esplanade" is the only one that doesn't really do much for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment