September 08, 2010

Summer Well

There you go, theoreo, something new to read :) You should write more often too! Anyway, this blog post will be about Interpol's new self-titled album. I haven't listened to it that much yet, but I find it excellent. In an article, the album was described as being "somewhere between the first and the second album", and that description is pretty accurate. For this album, Interpol went back to their independent label, having worked with Capitol for their third album. I personally liked Our Love to Admire a lot, but I can see how working with Matador provides better results for them. I already knew four of the songs on this album, i.e. the songs they played at their show: "Success", "Summer Well", "Lights", and "Barricade". I like "Summer Well" a lot, although it sounds a bit better live. "Lights" is a pretty intense song. At first, I thought the guitars on "Barricade" were a bit too much, but that song is growing on me now. "Always Malaise" has an awesome title. "All Of The Ways" is a slow and intense song. In "The Undoing", Paul sings in Spanish :) Throughout the album, Paul's voice remains as strong as always. It is pretty sexy to hear him curse in "Try It On" ;) I believe this album will remain for some time in my car!

No comments:

Post a Comment