January 24, 2010

The Cure

I saw Tegan and Sara at the Salle Wilfrid-Pelletier at the Place des Arts last Monday. I hated the venue, it wasn't intimate at all. The concert was great, though. I liked the light effects a lot, and I found that the girls conveyed a lot of emotion.

Setlist:

Arrow
Don't Rush
The Ocean
Hell
Walking With A Ghost
I Bet It Stung
Burn Your Life Down
Where Does The Good Go
Speak Slow
On Directing
Red Belt
The Cure
Paperback Head
Night Watch
Soil, Soil
Knife Going In
So Jealous
Nineteen
Northshore
Alligator
Sentimental Tune
Someday
The Con

Encore:

Back In Your Head
Feel It In My Bones
My Number
Call It Off
Living Room

Other topic: Yesterday, I went to a great tea lounge called Camelia Sinensis near St-Denis. My friend and I had a black Chinese oolong that required us to use a special technique. We were given specific amounts of time for the infusions, and we each had two small cups in front of us, one of them being more cylindrical. We used that one for the first pouring. Afterwards, we would smell it then pour it into the other cup. The cylindrical cup would keep the scent of the tea, and that scent would change as time passed. The senses of taste and of smell would then be separated, very effectively: the tea didn't taste as it smelled. We also had a delicious grape scone, which was just the right amount of buttery, and a green tea cheesecake, which was as delightful as any cheesecake always is. I left the place feeling incredibly relaxed.

No comments:

Post a Comment