November 15, 2009

Baby, I Love Your Way

I hadn't enjoyed the movie High Fidelity as much as I thought I would. The book, however, is great. I cannot decide whether this is a guy book or whether this is a girly book written by a guy. Apparently, guys worry about a lot of things too. The book is often very funny: the "I haven't seen Reservoir Dogs yet" passage is hilarious. There is a sad moment when the main protagonist is about to finally reacquaint himself physically with his ex, and all he can think about is whether they have protection or not, because she has been with another man. I also like this passage very much: "People worry about kids playing with guns, and teenagers watching violent videos; we are scared that some sort of culture of violence is taking over. Nobody worries about kids listening to thousands - literally thousands - of songs about broken hearts and rejection and pain and misery and loss."


No comments:

Post a Comment